BRIGHT MODELS; "CANDY DANCER" POWER

Please help if possible!

I bought a candy dancer car from bright models. It has a multiple pin connector for electric. I have an LGB layout. 1) Can I convert this to battery power, or 2) can I convert it to track power? Thanks in advance!

Tom tricep

Reply to
Tom Tricep

Tom Tricep wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I believe your mean GANDY DANCER as common slang for track workers. "Candy Dancer" brings memories of Candy Barr, an exotic dancer of some note. Or we could merge the two concepts and and have a speeder painted in red and white stripes, with a stripper performing on the platform. But I don't suppose there are too many adult-themed model railroad layouts.

Reply to
Norman Morgan

Depending upon the voltage needed to run the model properly, you may want to either use battery power or track power. I'll note that with analog voltage, the speed of the model iwll vary. If it will run properly on 12VDC then that is the way that I'd probably hook it up. I'd put wipers on the backsides of the wheels to pickup power - .015" diameter phospher bronse wire will work well or you can use some piano wire to do the pickup and the rest of the wiring will be trivial. Battery power will mean that you need to find a place to put the batteries of sufficient size, a power switch and a recharging port to recharge the batteries, the bottom of the model is usually the best place to put tha stuff.

Bob May

Well, now that you've implanted the thought in a thousand modellers brains, there will be a few :-).

In real life, the closest I can come is when I lived in Chicago and took the L to work. As we went past Northwestern U., some of the nude coeds sunbathing on their balconies took great delight in flashing the trains

- as did we in watching them :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard
***"Candy Dancer" brings memories of Candy Barr, an exotic dancer of some note.***

------------------------------------------------ That sure brings back memories.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

I could put in a brothel overlooking the tracks....

Kennedy

Reply to
Kennedy (no longer not on The Haggis!)

It would put new meaning to rolling hills and lush valleys of the midwest.

Certainly, the Pennsey would NEVER have such a thing.....

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Fleishmann (German import HO) used to have a stripper posing in their advt's in MR, often on the back cover. Not too racy, really, but STRANGE! Anything for attention, I guess.

Dan Mitchell ============

Reply to
Daniel A. Mitchell

What is the connector connected to?

I have an LGB layout. 1) Can I convert this to

If you want to convert to battery power, is it already track powered?

or 2) can I convert it to track power? Thanks in

If you want to convert it to track power, is it already battery powered?

What is it you want to do?

Reply to
<wkaiser

Tom Tricep spake thus:

What everyone who responded to this posting seems to have missed is that what you have is actually a "Gandy dancer" car, not a "candy dancer".

A Gandy dancer was a poor slob on one end of a shovel on a railroad work crew, with the other end stuck underneath a tie, levering it up so ballast could be pushed under it to level the roadbed.

According to U. Utah Phillips, the "Golden Voice of the Southwest" (U.S.), a singer, songwriter and hobo, this term derives from the fact that the shovels used in this work were made by the Gandy Shovel Co. of Chicago. (This claim, however, is in dispute: see the Wikipedia entry at

for more information.)

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Actually, "Candy Dancer" is the name of the train set. It has nothing to do with Gandy dancers.

I have no idea on how easy/hard it would be to convert to run from track power.

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

Wolf Kirchmeir spake thus:

Hmm. In that case, it might be the train manufacturer who misunderstood the name. (Or not.)

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

[...]

The train set is a "seasonal" item. None of the rolling stock is protoypical - all nicely gussied up with bright paint and glitter. It actually has a car for candies. Really.

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

Wolf Kirchmeir spake thus:

Kewl. Now, if the candy actually did, say, the tango, the csardas, or even the hoochie-coo, I might consider buying one!

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Wolf Kirchmeir wrote in news:gk2df.1547$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com:

Which makes it a rather horrid pun! I just love horrid puns.

Reply to
Norman Morgan