Broadway Limited opinion?

I'm thinking about buying an old Broadway Limited Paragon EMD E7A-B-B set with Sound and a powered A&B and a dummy B. (Walthers Part #187-724). Does anyone have one of these and can you give me the Pros & Cons?

Carter Braxton

Reply to
Carter Braxton

Used or new? I have an AB set of E3/6 units that I put the new chips in and am very happy with these.

Reply to
Jon Miller

"Carter Braxton" wrote

I have a three unit E-7 set -all powered- that I use quite regularly.

Pros: they look good, sound good, and pull quite a bit.

Cons: they'll frequently stumble and have to cycle through a restart when they hit a dirty patch of track, plus little parts will sometimes fall off while running, as Broadway often relies on friction fits during assembly rather than gluing the part solidly onto the shell.

I *hate* having to walk around the layout looking for whatever has fallen off the locomotives!

Pete

Reply to
P. Roehling

Yes, that's a good thing to point out -- both for people reading this thread looking for information E-units or those looking for information on Broadway Limited models in general. One of the guys at my club has a Broadway Limited PA and has commented on the problems he has with the details parts falling off.

____ Mark Mathu The Green Bay Route:

Mark Mathu

"Mark Mathu" wrote

You're right; it's something that they really should correct. Meanwhile, we should all treat our BLI locos as kits that *really should* be taken back apart and then glued together properly, despite the fact that BLI fails to mention this fact. (Parts fall off of their trucks, too.)

On the plus side, on the couple of occasions when I've had a Broadway Limited part fall off and cannot find it afterwards, Broadway Limited has replaced said parts without question and at no cost to me other than that of the phone call.

Good PR.

Pete

Reply to
P. Roehling

Thanks guys... I think I'll go ahead with the purchase and get some baggies for the small parts.

Carter

Reply to
Carter Braxton

On 1/12/2008 8:48 AM Carter Braxton spake thus:

Or a tube of super glue ...

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Carter -- please share your thoughts after you had the model for a while... nothings beats a first-hand experience and perhaps the new models are far improved in that regards. Your comments would be appreciated.

____ Mark

Reply to
Mark Mathu