CAD Software

Newbie question:
I have a lot of experience using Visio, and a little using AutoCAD. What are considered the "best" software apps for designing layouts on computer?
I find RTS Freeware awkward at best. Which ones are user-friendly, user-surly?
Are there existing libraries of track pieces available for Visio/AutoCAD? I do mostly HO and some N.
On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 03:03:14 GMT, "Bill McCutcheon"

And if you want accurate printed templates for construction purposes have a look at Templot, although you have to stop thinking CAD to use it the results are superb. <http://www.templot.com/
Keith
Make friends in the hobby. Visit <http://www.grovenor.dsl.pipex.com/ Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.