Can I Run Atlas 3 Rail Engines On Lionel Fastrack & Lionel Transformers?

Atlas engines seem more detailed, closer to scale and less money than Lionel Can I run them on a Lionel fastrack layout with a Lionel CW-80
transformer?
On 29 Nov 2006 21:06:55 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.com wrote:

I run Atlas O and Trainman O on my layout all the time. They'll work on any 3 rail track with an AC transformer.
I use Atlas track and Lionel track power controllers with the 180 watt bricks, but I don't see any reason you can't use the Lionel Fastrack. The CW-80 transformer is rather puny, though. Don't think I'd recommend multiple powered unit lashups when using it.
Carl Heinz
--
Carl Heinz
snipped-for-privacy@charter.net