Close Encounters layout question

First, I'm not a prototype modeler, so I find this very interesting. Maybe some of you can give me ideas on how to achive this. In the beginning of the movie when Richard Dryfess is helping his son with math problems (fractions), the scene takes place in there house around a HO layout. Richard asks his son, "if this boxcar is 60ft long, and 1/3 rd is over the crossing how much further does the boxcar have to travel to make it across". Anyway, shortly after this, the power goes out in the house. It's a wide veiw shot, and if you notice the layout in the background, the lake, pond, whatever, "its glowing blue". My layout is for the kids so I try to keep things interesting, this would make a great night time feature.(I put lights on and in everything) Is their such a thing as luminesint (spelling?) paint? Anyway, I looked in the Walthers cataloge, I did'nt seem to notice anything like it. Thanks for any help.

Longtailedlizard

Longtailedlizard wrote: My layout is for the kids so I try to keep things interesting, this would make a great night time feature.(I put lights on and in everything) =A0=A0=A0=A0Is their such a thing as luminesint (spelling?) paint? Anyway, I looked in the Walthers cataloge, I did'nt seem to notice anything like it

--------------------------------------------------- A craft store (Scott's, Michael's, etc.) ot the craft dept. at Wal-Mart might have the paint you want.

When you get around to lighting, my lighting how-to might be helpful:

Good luck! Sounds like an interesting project.

History of N Scale:
Links to over 500 helpful sites:

Bill

Yep. The stuff is available for both the light capture and subsequent reemission type stuff and the black light stuff. The reemission stuff is generally a milky white color which will probably be a bit difficult to hide when the lights are on tho. The black light stuff is more clear in the daylight and will probably be better for your application. Try the better artist supply places for the stuff.

-- Bob May Losing weight is easy! If you ever want to lose weight, eat and drink less. Works evevery time it is tried!

Reply to
Bob May

Go to a place that supplies theatres and the like. They wil have re-emission products and black light activated products in coating and solid materilas like tapes.

Dale.

Bob May wrote:

Reply to
Dale Gloer

Thanks all for the advice, I'm going to hit the art supply and craft stores this weekend.

Thanks again, J

Reply to
Longtailedlizard