CNR H-6-c class

I'm interesting in modelling the Canadian National H-6-c class 4-6-0 in N, or more correctly one of the handful sold to the Commonwealth Railways in Australia in 1942. I didn't expect there to be anything rtr but wondered if there were any kits. Failing that, a suitable mechanism for a scratchbuilt body.

I'd also be interested in seeing pictures of any models of the H-6-c in other scales.

Cheers David

Reply to
David Bromage

If you can find a Van Hobbies (PFM) H-6-g brass model that's your best starting point. This model was based on CN 1392 which is preserved operational at the Alberta Railway Museum at Edmonton, see

CN 1158 another H-6-? class is preserved (stuffed and mounted) at the North Battleford Saskatchewan Western Development museum.
Likewise 1521 an H-6-b is at Upper Clements Theme Park, Clementsport, Nova Scotia

Here are some more photos.

another H-6-g

I may be able to dig up some photos of all three. Last I saw of 1521 the boiler jacket and (asbestos) insulation was removed and there was no plan to replace the jacket now the asbestos is gone.

Reply to
Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat wrote: > If you can find a Van Hobbies (PFM) H-6-g brass model that's your best > starting point.

Thanks for this. It's a useful albeit rather expensive starting point. :)

As a matter of interest, Nos. 1279, 1282, 1290, 1292, 1293, 1298 and

1308 became the Commonwealth Railways 'CN' class in 1942-43. Sadly all were withdrawn in 1951 and scrapped by 1957.

Cheers David

Reply to
David Bromage