Corrosion prevention

It has been reported by an Australian friend of mine that NO-OX ID A Special is a good corrosion preventer for rail. The website is:
http://www.sanchem.com/aSpecialE.html
Shades of Wahl clipper oil!
I bought some MAAS metal polishing cream here a while back based on an old article in MR. I'll have to try it and report back.