Crossover Clarification : "insulated"

Hey Folks,

I am trying to better understand the difference in wiring a Walthers Code 83 crossover vs an Atlas Code 83 crossover. I believe I will need both styles since Atlas offers a 12.5 degree crossover which we would like to use. Walthers only goes down to 30 degrees.

How does the "insulated" come into play? How do I wire one brand vs the other?

What are the pros and cons of each design?

Thanks So Much! Matt

Reply to
Matt & Kathleen Brennan