drawbar pull

The recent thread on how many cars can an engine pull touched a nerve. Model Railroader usually includes drawbar pull in its evaluation of engines, and I'm about to embark on a library research safari to record as many drawbar/weight data as I can. Unless someone remembers it's having been done! If you do, plewase post the reference?

Reply to
larry l.

The end result will indicate the average coefficient of friction for models with all driven wheels taking all the weight. See web page for further details.

Reply to
Terry Flynn