Fiber optics

I'm making Christmas decorations and plan to use fiber optics and LEDs
running on batteries. Does anyone have a good source for plastic optical
fiber (for lightong?). The stuff I've been able to find is in large
quantities (200-500 meters) and pretty expensive. I just want 30-50 meters.
Thanks
Reply to
Tapper
What has your local craft shop got? They do things like that.
-- Bob May Losing weight is easy! If you ever want to lose weight, eat and drink less. Works evevery time it is tried!
Reply to
Bob May
If you can't find a source for fiber optics, find the cheapest fiber optic Christmas tree you can, a three or four foot tall one, and just cut them off the tree. You should be able to get at least three foot pieces.
Just a thought. Robert
Reply to
Robert "rpon"
tall one, and just cut them off< Usually a day or two after Christmas is the best time to do this!
Reply to
Jon Miller
I'm making Christmas decorations and plan to use fiber optics and LEDs running on batteries. Does anyone have a good source for plastic optical fiber (for lightong?). The stuff I've been able to find is in large quantities (200-500 meters) and pretty expensive. I just want 30-50 meters. ----------------------------------------------------
Fiber Optic Products, Inc.:
History of N Scale:
Links to over 700 helpful sites:
Bill
I recently bought a cheap lamp that has strands of fibre optic strands coming out of the top. When at rest, the form a mushroom shape. The lamp is powered by two AA batteries. I bought it at a local "Dollar Plus" store for $2.00; all I wanted was the fibre optic strands. Cheap!
Bob Boudreau Canada
Reply to
Railfan
On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 15:28:08 -0500, "Robert \"rpon\"" shared this with the world:
Or check out the thrift stores for the cheezy old fiber optic lamps. (something like this:
)
I grabbed one for about a dollar.
Kent
Reply to
Kent Ashton
speaking of fiber optics, does anyone know where I can get .050" dia fiber optic material?
thanks
Reply to
David R. Campbell
: speaking of fiber optics, does anyone know where I can get .050" dia fiber : optic material? : : thanks
KTØT
The source I use:

Mike Tennent "IronPenguin" Operating Traffic Lights Crossbucks Special Effects Lighting
Mike Tennent