Finally starting my N gauge layout

I am using Kato Unitrack on my n-scale layout. I have the rerailers positioned at road crossings. I have found them best for making corrections on running trains, and less useful for putting cars on the track. I use a ramp device for that.

Reply to
Ken Rice

I have been lurking here for a long time, and after reading post after post, I'm finally starting, I have my plan sketched out (it changed so far about

10 times) but I think I got it.

I have a question about re-railers, where do they go? Do you hide them in tunnels, or can you use them at street junctions, please help.

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Reply to
Andy

In theory you should never need a rerailer! That theory aside, you could put one on a track near the front of your layout for when you place new stock on the track. I use them in the hidden sections of my layout. I have a large staging yard where the tracks fan out across a series of turnouts, turn 180 degrees and then merge back into a single track. I figure it is a good idea to all have the wheels on the rails before the turnouts and then to gather in any that fell off over the turnout fan, so that's one before and five after. At the other end of the staging yard I have five before and one after the fan. As the staging yard runs across three baseboards, I use a standard set-track length across the joins. The rerailing track is a robust section so I use those.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter