gm 600

Has any one manufactured an HO model of the GM 600 Switcher? If yes, when was it produced?

On 2016-03-06 15:29, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Do you mean GM's Electromotive Division (EMD) switchers rated at 600hp?
SC (1935-1939) SW (1936-1939) SW1 (1939-1953) SW600 (1954-1962)
Varney made an SW1. The SW600 looked very much like later switchers, so any current SW model could be a stand-in, or a basis for redetailing to match a given locomotive. The major visible differences were in the cab, exhaust stacks, and lights.
HTH
--
Best,
Wolf K
On Sunday, March 6, 2016 at 2:52:12 PM UTC-6, Wolf K wrote:

The switcher is a turret cab, semi streamlined/styleized. If you want, I can send you a picture of it in an email. I presume that kirkwood40.blogsdpot.ca is your address.
On 2016-03-12 21:02, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

No, it's my blog.
Post it on alt.binaries.pictures.rail
--
Best,
Wolf K
On Sunday, March 6, 2016 at 2:29:08 PM UTC-6, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

http://www.trainweb.org/oldtimetrains/GMD/history.htmb about 3/4 of the way down the page. They were 800 hp export units, but look very American.
Small diesel-hydraulic units were tried by GMD but, they were unable to develop a market for them. The biggest were two 800 HP units (A1811 9/1959, A1812 10/1959) which were tested for some weeks on the CPR Galt Sub. between Lambton and Woodstock on local freight trains 73 and 74.
On 2016-03-12 21:22, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I get 404 Not Found
--
Best,
Wolf K
Op 13-03-2016 om 04:24 schreef Wolf K:

http://www.trainweb.org/oldtimetrains/GMD/history.htm ?
--
Erik.

On 2016-03-13 07:46, Erik Baas wrote:

Found it.
I see where OP ended the URL with .htmb. That "b" messed it up. :-)
--
Best,
Wolf K
On 2016-03-12 21:22, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Per 2nd Diesel Spotter's Guide (Pinkepank, 1973), these were GMDH-1, two with 600hp, and two with 800hp.
AFAIK, no HO models of these locomotives have ever been produced.
--
Best,
Wolf K
On Sunday, March 6, 2016 at 2:29:08 PM UTC-6, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Sorry, I just copied the web site from the website bar. Thanks all for the information. I wonder if I could get BLI interested in making it.
On 2016-03-13 21:41, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

:-)
Not likely. Cost structure of introducing a new model is prohibitive without a large pre-order market. Suppose 1,000 pre-orders, and if that's the actual market, I estimate the item would cost a minimum of $1,000 or more.
Have a good day,
--
Best,
Wolf K
On Monday, March 14, 2016 at 8:47:24 AM UTC-5, Wolf K wrote:

That poofing noise was my bubble bursting. Oh well . . . .