HO Intermountain Hopper Newbee Question

I just purchased my first InterMountain PS-2 4750 18 rib covered hopper. The model is great, but being curious, I went on line to look
for photographs of the prototype. Much to my dismay I found numerous photographs of this car but with the train air line running along the outside edge of the cars. The model has it running through the spine of the car. I found two photographs which appear to have the air line routed as in the model, a BN and an IC/ICG I think. Will someone explain the difference? Was it railroad peculiar, a modification in later production orders, or a maintenance change, etc., or is the IM model incorrect? Thanks in advance.
Byron Lane wrote:

IIRC, Railmodel Journal had a series of articles about these cars, go to their website and search. You won't get more than one page from any one article, but that should be enough for you to decide whether it's worth paying for the information.
There were/are many variations on this hopper. If protoypical accuracy really matters to you, you need photos of the actual cars you are modelling. In addition, there were very similar cars built by other manufacturers, so it's important to know whether a particular car with particular reporting marks is in fact a PS-1.
HTH&GL

Can you give a couple of links to the photographs of this car but with the train air line running along the outside edge of the cars?

Hi Mark, I'm not sure if I am doing this correctly, but here goes http://www.rrpicturesarchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id 0755 which is GRPX944506. I picked this one first because it is close to the IM model that I purchased (General Chemical). It has the capacity data under the reporting marks (as in the IM model), rather than how most of the other cars in this lot have the capacity data off to the right of the reporting marks. Here are some more http://www.rrpicturesarchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id "9009 http://www.rrpicturesarchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id 0923 http://www.rrpicturesarchives.net/showPicture.aspx?idS507 http://www.rrpicturesarchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id 2965 The next four are ICGs http://www.rrpicturesarchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id 3792 http://www.rrpicturesarchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id 9841 http://www.rrpicturesarchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id 9897 and http://www.rrpicturesarchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id 0318 The next two are NW http://www.rrpicturesarchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id 0392 http://www.rrpicturesarchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id !0062 Are these the correct prototype for the IM model? It looks like it to me. Best regards.