[HO] Plastic caboose models

RTR means Ready To Run. The OP wants a Kit.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

IIRC, the OP did not want to go the eBay route ...

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Nope. The OP never said that -unless my server missed a post somewhere.

~Pete

Reply to
Twibil

When push comes to shove, what's the difference between Athearn RTR and their shake-the-box kits? All it means is that somebody else has already shaken the box.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

Well, Chris, you did a fine job of dining ready to run cabooses... ;-)

wolf k.

Reply to
Wolf K

On 5/3/2010 1:55 PM Twibil spake thus:

Well, ackshooly, the Now that Athearn is out of the kit business, who still makes [relatively] easy-to-assemble plastic HO scale caboose models?

(Key words: "who still makes ...?")

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Nope. The OP never said that -unless my server missed a post somewhere.

~Pete

----------------------------------------------------------------- I stand corrected.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

And as I replied: "you can still find plenty of unbuilt blue-box Athearn kits on Ebay".

A kit that has never been built and is in the original box is still "new" unless you define new as "still hot from the molds": a condition you're as unlikely to find on the shelves of a hobby shop as you are on Ebay.

Reply to
Twibil

And as I replied: "you can still find plenty of unbuilt blue-box Athearn kits on Ebay".

A kit that has never been built and is in the original box is still "new" unless you define new as "still hot from the molds": a condition you're as unlikely to find on the shelves of a hobby shop as you are on Ebay.

On EBay no one can hear you scream ...

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Heh. But I've only had two shaky buys on Ebay out of circa 150 total, so the odds of success are really very good!

Just don't bid on the Nigerian brass...

Reply to
Twibil

On 5/3/2010 7:33 PM Twibil spake thus:

My last purchase on eBay didn't arrive, so I notified the seller. He sent me a full refund since he concluded that the package went into the great Postal Service dumpster somewhere.

Then the package finally arrived, about a month later. So I sent the seller another check to cover the refund.

Point: there still is some honesty left out there.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl