Here is a previous post on the same subject:
From: William R. Dixon (bill snipped-for-privacy@telus.net) Subject: Proto 2000 0-6-0 Tender Pickup Newsgroups: rec.models.railroad Date: 2002-08-08 22:00:37 PST
I tested the new Proto 2000 0-6-0 Tender with my P2K 0-8-0 today. They work well together so the pins must be identical.
Comparing the parts illustrations from both models, the tender floors appear to be identical except for the additional parts for the pickup in the 0-6-0 tender.
To add the pickups to an 0-8-0 tender you need the following parts from an 0-6-0 tender:
TS3 x 2 Screws to hold T8 down T8 x 2 Covers to hold pickup contact strips down. T9 x 2 Pickup strips, one per tender side. T18 x 4 Pickups on tender trucks (two per truck). T19 x 4 Split axle wheels for the tender trucks.
You will have to obtain parts from walthers as Lifelike trains are now part of walthers Anthony . www.walthers.com - talk to spare parts department for help

Here is a link to a photo of the 0-6-0 truck and pickups.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/msowsun/Trains/0-6-0trucks.jpg
Thanks everyone for the info. I will contact Walthers and get the parts / trucks. I appreciate the help.
-Lee
The_Southerner wrote:

Of course you could just buy an 0-6-0 tender and swap the shells. The frames and plugs are identical to the 0-8-0.
Bill Dixon
I didn't think the 0-6-0 had the chains to the trucks like the 0-8-0 does. I'll have to research that. I think it would be cheaper to buy the parts than the tender... but that is a good option. Thanks.
-Lee Murfreesboro, TN

Lee, If you find that it's a pian to get the parts or will take too long heres a web site that shows you how to add tender pickup to your P2K 0-8-0 http://www.nmra.org.au/Hints/Pickups/Pickups.html I used these directions to add pick ups to mine some time ago. Its very easy and quick to do, so much so I don't think I'd bother to pay and wait for parts if I ever had to do it again. Bruce