Kadee couplers

Does anyone keep a better list of which couplers go best with which engines/cars than Kadee.com?

Reply to
Tom Spence

Generally, Kadee makes the couplers for specific pockets when something different is needed. New pockets (which the manufacturerers seem to be determined to reinvent the wheel) is the one failing of the Kadee compatibility sheet Generally tho, a smaller moount will fit a larger pocket without problems although offsets of height may end up causing a particular pocket arrangeemnt to fail. For me, thee ultimate is to just remove the original pocket and build up thee coupler area with styrene and put in a #5 coupler. For steam locos, I've gone so far as to cut the shank, drill a hole near the end for a screw and one in the end up the shnk for a spring for centering.

-- Bob May

Bob May