Kit Manufacturers

Been away from the hobby for some time - and getting reacquainted with current product availability.
Prefer to build a kit instead of just opening a box and that be the end of it.
Other than Branchline, what other manufacturers offer highly detailed passenger car kits?
Are there kits in larger than HO scale available for passenger cars or steam locomotives?
Thanks in advance for all replies.
Regards,
Doug
Douglas R. Hortvet, Jr. wrote:

Google "LaBelle Woodworking" and "Athabasca Models", and "passenger car kits.".

Google "S Scale kits", "On3", "On30", and "live steam locomotives."
Have fun.
--
Wolf Kirchmeir

Alistair Wright wrote:

GET A NEW, COMPLETE KIT!!!
I'm in HO, and got an actual Penn Line Pennsy E-6 Atlantic. I spent more than I would have on the new kit on missing parts, and had WAY more "fun" than I'd paid for (or wanted).
mark
--
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is
easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce

If you have the time, do some searching. I use Google a lot to hunt for stuff like this. Many times I find very good deals.
Have found a number of references to places that sell car and locomotive kits - unfortunately a majority of them do not have web sites - so cannot see what they have.
Reason I posted to the NG was for input from those that knew of kit manufacturers and would comment pro / con on their experiences.
Regards,
Doug

Does anyone have comments on the products of this company?
Southern Car & Foundry http://www.southerncarandfoundry.com / Baggage & RPO kits

Very detailed, very accurate, and rather expensive considering that you'll have to haunt eBay for a while to find the correct Central Valley trucks. The other potential downside is that the kits are quite time-consuming and are *not* designed for the beginner. It's rather assumed that you've built stuff like this before and that you've already got a stock of the proper tools, adhesives, etcetera, and know how to use them.
On the other hand, they're just as detailed as the high-quality brass stuff, and can give you a string of otherwise hard-to-find front end passenger cars for about 1/3 the price of the same things in brass.
~Pete