Make a Rail Cleaning Car

Roco!

Reply to
Greg Procter

You got that backwards, David: Few people in the US would know that "Masonite" is actually hardboard.

Reply to
Greg Procter

Nope, just looked at that car at an online dealer. The Tomix car (Model# TO-6421) and the Atlas car (Model# 32550/32551) are identical except for the paint job. Roco's N-scale cleaning car (Model# T15500) looks a bit like the one that Model Power sold at one time...

Reply to
Franz T

snippety

BTW, since the Tomix car is not self powered, you would need something to tow it around - maybe as a baggage car hooked to a doodlebug or a piece of MOW equipment being towed around by a small steam engine?

Ed

Reply to
Ed Regal

Ok, so Atlas is buying wider than just Roco these days.

Roco will sell to anyone!

Reply to
Greg Procter

Greg Procter spake thus:

Actually, you're both wrong: most woodworkers would know that they're the same thing. Pick up a copy of /Fine Woodworking/ someday and take a look.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Greg Procter wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@ihug.co.nz:

I guess it depends on what part of the US you're in. I know it as both, but then I'm more likely to be covered with sawdust than oil.

For the record, I'm in the "Lake Michigan" part of the midwest.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Cheers,