Micro Controlled Scratch Built Turntable

I am at the control stage of my scratch built turntable. My intent is to ro tate the table with a bipolar NEMA 3 motor, via belt and pulley. I am using
an Arduino micro control board in conjunction with a AF motor shield. Once the sketch is written and loaded into the MC, the bridge rotates to p redetermined locations via the step indexes of the motor. Returns the bridg e back to home. Rotate left or right. Control speed for a soft start and st op of the bridge is written into the sketch. The motor step indexes are acc urate and returns the bridge to exact location with no mis-alignment of the the bridge to the tracks. In present configuration(single button on MC) this only allows for operati on of one sketch. I need to operate 10 sketches to allow access to all trac k legs around the turntable. I am having issues on how to get enough of the necessary pins for the MC, motor shield and interconnecting a 4*4 matrix keypad and a LCD display. To work properly each rail section requires its individual sketch with adj usted parameters and individual execute button. T button to get to he matrix keypad would provide the grandkids a simple, push the button that corresponds to the track they want.
Simple solution is to spend 1,500 for a pre built. Whats the fun in that.
Any past experience would be greatly appreciated. Thank you