Re: A Big Thankyou

Thanks for sharing the pictures Dan. That trip must have been
awesome!!!
Dan L. Merkel wrote:
You are VERY WELCOME!!! Come back anytime and we can meet up again
> somewhere in the area. Rumor is that you missed a steak fry in Deshler
> later Saturday night as a fund raiser for their rr park. : (
>
> Saturday was a banner day for us. After we visited with you for a few
> minutes, we went to a Centennial Celebration for a company that I've had
> some contact with for over twenty years. While there, my wife "won" a
> ride on the Goodyear blimp! Better yet, she gave it to me!!!! What a > woman!
>
> This is certainly OT, but if any of you are interested, you can visit my
> website and see some of the pictures. Also, if you are modeling a
> modern quarry, I've got some aerial photos that will be very helpful to you. >
> The site is...

> Enjoy!!!
>
> Glad you had a safe & good trip Bob!
>
> dlm
>
> --
> Dan L. Merkel
>
> Good Morning All,
>
> About three weeks ago I posted a question on this site about the
> Fostoria, Ohio area for railfanning. Several people responded and I > just want
> to say THANK YOU. My son and I stopped at Attica Ohio as well as > Fostoria
> based on some advice to travel along Rte 224. We had a GREAT tiime > especially
> at Fostoria. We saw 9 trains - 8 CSX & 1 NS in less than 2 hours.
> Unfortunately we had such limited time to spend there as we were on > our way to
> Valparaiso, Ind.
> Anyway, as we pulled into the parking area at Fostoria,
> there was a van
> there with EBTBOB signs on the front windshield and rear window. Dan
> Merkel(sorry Dan if I mispelled the last name) owner of the van,
> stopped by to
> say hello. We had a nice chat and Dan supplied me with some > decals. Those
> decals were a very pleasent surprise, thanks Dan.
> So.....again, thanks to all for the advice. Darryl and I
> really enjoyed
> our time there in Ohio and plan to return to railfan more of the
> area including
> Willard and Deshler.
>
> Bob

Reply to
Ken Hammer
Dan,
Just wanted to say congrats and thank you for sharing the pix with us via your web page. I indeed am planning to model a quarry on my HO layout someday and your excellent aerial pictures will really be a big help.
As they say, "Thanks for sharing . . ."
Paul - "The CB&Q Guy"
Reply to
Paul K - The CB&Q Guy