Re: Storing locos and rolling stock when not in use

Has anybody come up with any creative

>alternatives?

Sure, I added a yard.

Ken

Reply to
Kennynovak

Old computer keyboard boxes, with foam core board dividers, stored in a large printer box.

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart D.

Engines go in a display case on the wall. Cars are stored on their sides in plastic storage boxes from Target. I get three layers in a box, about 36 cars. I use scrap foam board cut to fit for level dividers.

Reply to
MrRathburne

What about IKEA Billy and Bonde cabinets with glass doors? Prices seem cheap enough, and would solve your dust problems.

Reply to
Sir Ray

Oh, yes. They are so big we just park em in the driveway and let the kids climb on them.

Seriously. I use Plano fly tackle boxes

Jim Stewart

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Easiest thing would be to do a set of doors on the cabinet. A few hinges and a latch will do fine. It will also keep down the dust as most of the dust won't be able to fly into the storage area. Use glass doors if you want to look in or plain panels if you don't.

-- Bob May Why is there an Ozone Hole at the South Pole but Not at the North Pole? Somebody's been lying to you!

Reply to
Bob May

I use the boxes because I can move them, bring them somewhere else easily, lift them up and put them on the layout easily etc. Plus, I would need a HUGE mechanics box to hold all my cars.........don't ask.

Reply to
MrRathburne

There are plastic drawer cabinets often on sale @ ~$20USD at the office super markets that have a nice size drawers, and come with rollers, and can stack. Iris is one of the major brands.

like this: