Recommendations for How To + Steam era Videos Please

Hi all

I am hoping to get some recommendations from folks for videos/DVDs on anything to do with the following:

Weathering Scratchbuilding - models and locos Kitbashing Scenery making Super Detailing Logging/Mining locos and their associated wagons, accessories, buildings etc.

And footage of 1850 - 1950 steam era railroads with associated lineside details etc. Particular "road" is not important as I am only trying to gain general data for modelling inspiration.

I have looked on eBay and there are quite a few advertised, but without knowing their quality at all, it could add up to serious money to find out whether they're duds or not.

Finally, my main interest would be for HO modelling, but I imagine all of the above subjects would apply to any scale.

Thanks

Steve

Reply to
mindesign

There are several railroad films - mostly industry or specific railroad promotional films, with many by the legendary Jam Handy outfit - in the Prelinger archive. The higher resolution versions can take a logn tiem if you don't have high speed net access.

Steve Caple

Oh My God!!!!

I am going to lose whole SLABS of time at this website!

Brilliant

thanks

Steve

Reply to