repaint for 37073

hi all i have a model of 37073 in br blue but i want to paint it in to transrail livery and also i want to change the centre headboard to the more modern headboard with headlights can anyone tell me if its possible and were to get it done thankyou from joe collins

Reply to
joe37collins

Anything's possible, if you have the money. ;-)

First, try posting your question on

uk.rec.models.rail

That's a group for UK modellers.

If you're in the US, buy a recent issue of Model Railroader, and check the classified ads in the back. Quite a few custom painters advertise there. If you can supply a number of good clear photos, any of them can do the job.

Good hunting!

Reply to
Wolf K.

Good reply...I am still wondering what a headboard means.

Reply to
Whodunnit

It was used on the front of the engine to identify the train. In steam days, it was often elaborate, eg "The Cornishman" on the GWR. In BR days, it had a combination of letters and numbers giving train type and timetable train number. uk.rec.models.rail will supply more answers. they are friendly bunch.

HTH

Reply to
Wolf K.

Been banging against that one for a while . . .

Reply to
Steve Caple

Keep it seemly!

Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

Greg - see this (and check out Mary Gauthier's site or anywhere else you can find samples) - she's going to be at the Palms next week or so, can't wait to see and hear her again

"Lancelot and Guenivere bang their bedpost in my ear . . ."

Reply to
Steve Caple