repaint for 37073

hi all i have a model of 37073 in br blue but i want to paint it in to transrail livery and also i want to change the centre headboard to the
more modern headboard with headlights can anyone tell me if its possible and were to get it done thankyou from joe collins
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Anything's possible, if you have the money. ;-)
First, try posting your question on
uk.rec.models.rail
That's a group for UK modellers.
If you're in the US, buy a recent issue of Model Railroader, and check the classified ads in the back. Quite a few custom painters advertise there. If you can supply a number of good clear photos, any of them can do the job.
Good hunting!

Good reply...I am still wondering what a headboard means.

It was used on the front of the engine to identify the train. In steam days, it was often elaborate, eg "The Cornishman" on the GWR. In BR days, it had a combination of letters and numbers giving train type and timetable train number. uk.rec.models.rail will supply more answers. they are friendly bunch.
HTH
On Tue, 08 Jan 2008 09:21:09 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net wrote:

Been banging against that one for a while . . .
--
Steve

Steve Caple wrote:

Keep it seemly!
Greg.P.
On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 14:36:52 +1300, Greg Procter wrote:

Greg - see this (and check out Mary Gauthier's site or anywhere else you can find samples) - she's going to be at the Palms next week or so, can't wait to see and hear her again
http://www.lyricsdownload.com/mary-gauthier-camelot-motel-lyrics.html
"Lancelot and Guenivere bang their bedpost in my ear . . ."
--
Steve