Source for Signs

Does anyone know of an online source for old signs, billboards, etc. to download for printing?

-John

Reply to
Pacific95

A really great source is

I've also been going to Ebay, doing a search on the type of sign I want, and then copying the picture. I then trim it in Photoshop and resize it for printing.

Good luck!

CGM

Reply to
CowGoesMoo

Thanks, man!

-John

Reply to
Pacific95

Mark Mathu

There are two sites that I use for sign sources. They are both excellent sites and have hundreds of pictures of old signs painted on the sides of buildings.

Fading Ad Campaign

and

Forgotten NY

I believe there are other "forgotten" city sites with pictures as well, but this one has plenty of good examples. Although they aren't directly printable you can get a good idea on how these old signs looked and the sometimes unusual wording on them.

I prefer to re-draw them myself using CorelDRAW and printing them out. I have a technique that I use that makes them look old and faded. I won't explain it all here but will include a link to my site where I have an explaination and some pictures.

Let me know if you have any sucess with this method! I find it works great.

Reply to
Tim

John wrote: Does anyone know of an online source for old signs, billboards, etc. to download for printing?

------------------------------------------------ Here are a few:

History of N Scale:
Links to over 500 helpful sites:

Bill

Super catalog on line and via snail mail...

Best,

Steve Lynch

Steven Lynch

Cadge 'em off eBay.