Source for Signs

Does anyone know of an online source for old signs, billboards, etc.
to download for printing?
-John
Reply to
Pacific95
A really great source is
I've also been going to Ebay, doing a search on the type of sign I want, and then copying the picture. I then trim it in Photoshop and resize it for printing.
Good luck!
CGM
Reply to
CowGoesMoo
Thanks, man!
-John
Reply to
Pacific95

Mark Mathu
There are two sites that I use for sign sources. They are both excellent sites and have hundreds of pictures of old signs painted on the sides of buildings.
Fading Ad Campaign
and
Forgotten NY
I believe there are other "forgotten" city sites with pictures as well, but this one has plenty of good examples. Although they aren't directly printable you can get a good idea on how these old signs looked and the sometimes unusual wording on them.
I prefer to re-draw them myself using CorelDRAW and printing them out. I have a technique that I use that makes them look old and faded. I won't explain it all here but will include a link to my site where I have an explaination and some pictures.
Let me know if you have any sucess with this method! I find it works great.
Reply to
Tim
Does anyone know of an online source for old signs, billboards, etc. to download for printing? ------------------------------------------------ Here are a few:
History of N Scale:
Links to over 500 helpful sites:
Bill

Super catalog on line and via snail mail...
Best,
Steve Lynch

Steven Lynch
Cadge 'em off eBay.