Southern Pacific Steel Cupola Caboose Question

Number 11, the SP steel cupola caboose prototype, originally had a vertical-axis brake wheel which was later changed to the more modern
brake stand. Can someone tell me if the production steel cupola cabooses originally had the vertical-axis brake wheel as well, or did they come off the assembly line with the more modern brake stand? I'm re-doing a Balboa caboose and it looks like number 11 is my only choice unless I can find brass brake stands. TIA

Are you serious??!!
You might want to try out a Southern Pacific yahoo group for this information.