CN work caboose question

What colour were/are the roofs? CN boxcar brown (like the caboose's body), or black?
And the underframe and running gear colour would be?
All infor appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
On Mon, 16 May 2005 17:44:48 -0400, Wolf Kirchmeir

Most work equipment was 'brown' all over (CN Red # 11) roof, body, trucks, under frame. All cabooses were this colour until 1943 when the Orange # 10/Morency Orange was used, in 61-65 they switched to the new red-orange #11. I have seen colour shots showing Orange cabooses with black (unpainted tarpaper or roll roofing?) and brown (Red # 11?) roofs. As long as we are talking about the wooden ones.
I am not sure what you mean by a 'work caboose' though. All CN work trains I saw just had a regular caboose.
Steel cabooses converted to work service (as offices etc.) that I saw mostly stayed in regular caboose colours, even one with the yellow 'International Service' cupola. I have heard of a couple being painted silver like BNs, and I think one the same orange as ballast cars but have not seen one.
The steel 'yard/transfer' cabooses all were regular red/black with yellow scotchlite.
Have you tried http://www.cnlines.com/ ?
"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist " -Salman Rushdie
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." -Martin Luther King
"A gentleman is a man who can disagree without being disagreeable." Anon
"Revolution in Politics is an abrupt change in the form of misgovernment." Ambrose Bierce
"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts" - Mark Twain
Mountain Goat wrote: [...]

Same here.
I have a steel caboose (AHM, mfd by Roco, very nice body casting). It's in "boxcar brown" (not CN's red #11) w/ black roofwalks and CN markings - none of my data shows this colour scheme. Just wondered if I'd missed something. I'm upgrading it for club use (we are building a display layout, and bought some 2nd-hand stuff for it.)

I saw lots of CN work cars in Edmonton in the 60s, but can't recall seeing cabooses, hence my question.

No, but thanks for your information, esp. dates.
[...]
just for fun: some CN caboose pictures
http://jbrail.railfan.net/FreightCars/Other.html
J Barnstorf wrote:

Thanks. Good site. I like your model of the proposed layout.