Stripping Acrylic paint from resin

I was given several resin kits which had been started several years previously. There had been some painting done using an unknown brand of acrylic paint. Since it was done by hand the results were rather nasty looking so I need to strip it to start over. What has been the best materials to strip the acrylic without damaging the poly resin (the semi brittle yellowish white rigid type) beneath? Any assistance will be most appreciated. Thanks.

cat

Reply to
cat

If it was a water based Acrylic, try houshold ammonia.

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.