Videogames are much more interesting than model railroads !!!!!!!!

Yes, model railroads are the PAST, videogames are the future, so throw away the old railroad-rubbish and buy yourself an XBOX or a PS2 and play exciting games which are much better than the boring trains doing nothing...

Reply to
Bruno Beam

Of course, to truly appreciate video games, you also need an I.Q. test; since any I.Q over 65 requires the player to first have a frontal lobotomy........

Reply to
Franz T

Let me ask.... Do you play your video games *before* or *after* your shift of saying "Would you like fries with that?"

Reply to
Andyroo111

Sadly, I have to admit that since I started playing Combat Flight Sim3 on line with a team of guys, my modelling has suffered. :-(

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

I agree. Video games are perfect for many people who are unable to create something they envision, have no vision at all, never had a adventure that sent them out into the real world other than the shopping mall, never get laid so grabbing hold of a joy stick is a familiar experience, rarely read anything other than the back of a cereal box, or who's only social involvement is sending posts to stir up a bunch of people who like trains. Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Favinger

Train Dispatcher (v2.0) is free. It made our grandkids nuts at first. He kinda likes it now.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Newhouse

I must say I find this rather amusing: I believe since the last "stupid americans"-junkmail not much has changed: By sending this apple-and-egg comparison to our beloved newsgroup - making a comparison between made-by-others-virtual and do-it-ourselves-virtual 'Bruno Beam' made us blow smoke (or diesel, whatever) My conclusion: - we KNOW model railroading is fun - why bother with people not knowing this? - why do we get upset by folks who "play with PC's" saying "we play with trains" - well, ... even I reply to this kind of junkmail Gerolf http://home2/scarlet.be/gerolfp/ "Bruce Favinger" schreef in bericht news:Frlxd.1364$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com...

Reply to
Gerolf Peeters

Be sure clip the scot.tld newsgroup from the send list so this troll doesn't get any contest credit for the replies he generates.

Reply to
Ken Rice

Our friend Bruno has a broad scope of interests...

Bruno Beam wrote:

Reply to
Pete in Calgary

Its nice to know that Bruno has such diverse dislikes! I'd hate to think we were unique!

Reply to
PEACHCREEK

But Roger you still have a life, other interests and have not thrown away your trains. Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Favinger

Ha, you and me both, Roger.

I occasionally play around with Combat Flight Sim2. I also really enjoy the "Return to Castle Wolfenstein-Game of the Year Edition", first person shooter game. And of course I've got Trainz and MS-Train Simulator, but they would take so much time if I let myself get into them, too, that I would NEVER have any time for modeling or a layout, which is my first love and priority.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and all that to you and the family! Paul - "The CB&Q Guy" (Modeling 1960's in HO.)

Reply to
The CB&Q Guy

Ha, you and me both, Roger.

I occasionally play around with Combat Flight Sim2. I also really enjoy the "Return to Castle Wolfenstein-Game of the Year Edition", first person shooter game. And of course I've got Trainz and MS-Train Simulator, but they would take so much time if I let myself get into them, too, that I would NEVER have any time for modeling or a layout, which is my first love and priority.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and all that to you and the family! Paul - "The CB&Q Guy" (Modeling 1960's in HO.)

Reply to
The CB&Q Guy

It seems to me there is room for bothgaming and model railroading . I am fortunate enough to be retired, so I can divide my time between my interests and hobbies which include both model railroading----- I have my own layout, and gaming------- I am an avid Call of Duty online player. I enjoy these pursuits for different reasons. I love the real-time hands- on creativity involved with model railroading and the virtual reality involved in gaming. So I can see both sides of this issue as I actively enjoy both pastimes.

I would hope that if you love one more than the other, or despise one and love the other, that you wouldn't resort to name-calling or putting down one pursuit or pursuer in favor of the other. They are both fun and both give pleasure to thousands upon thousands of people every hour of the day.

Season's Greetings, Sam

Reply to
Sam Heatwole

As has been pointed out in this or another newsgroup, this troll is collecting responses for a contest on the scot.ltd group. If you must respond to his juvenile postings (on every newsgroup he can find), at least remove the scot one from the group list.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard