Walthers buys molds

I am re-posting the below information from yahoo group.

"In a report seen today at

(an active online French retailer), it appears that the HO European tooling from the Lima group (in liquidation since July) has been sold to Roco. The Arnold N scale product line has apparently been picked up by Marklin, and the North American products acquired by Walthers of Milwaukee.

Roco will apparently second production of the former Lima group line to a firm in the Czech Republic known as Barum.

As a consequence of these big changes, Roco's projected American- prototype product line has been suspended.

If anyone else can confirm some or all of these details, I think we'd all be grateful."

Reply to
+GF+

You should really take what is written on this site with extreme precaution. Many rumors, and french slang. Barum for example is a Czech tyre manufacturer, as the actual Lima France leader has inherited tyre brands nicknames, but that's a completely different story.

What is sure at the time, is that the Lima group shareholders do not agree on the future of the society, and that two of them want to get back their bucks. It's all a question of money!

As a consequence, the group is looking for someone to pick up the whole product line, but the mentioned brands would only be interested in what they can sell (i.e. Walthers for US models, Roco for european ones in HO scale...).

There are no certainties, only "confirmed rumors". But there's no more activity in Lima plant in Brescia. The last models produced should be the Walthers 60' passenger cars.

Nope : the american models announced by Roco has been cancelled earlier. That means no retooled FP7, GP40-2 or AC4400CW. No need to compete on the american market when there are new opportunities in Europe...

Reply to
Xavier Thiriet