Wanted: Proto 2000 GP30 Wisconsin Central

Looking for a Proto 2000 GP30 Wisconsin Central - must be in excellent condition. Will trade for an equal value off our website or from my personal
collection. If you have one, let me know its status (has it been used, is it upgraded to DCC, etc.), and what your interests are.
--
Frank Eva
http://www.digitalrailroader.org
Digital Railroader LLC wrote:

wrong.
chevrons.
the
I'm sorry to hear that. Now that I've finally decided on a regional setting for my next layout, Wisconsin Central is something I'm starting to look for in earnest. Guess I'll have to wait until the new Atlas GP40s are released... except that their picture looks like the yellow band is wrapped around the back, too! Could 2 manufacturers be so badly off?
--
Frank Eva
http://www.digitalrailroader.org
While the Life-like GP30's were painted wrong, on the rear end only, I would not count them out. They are numbered for the only two maroon ex-Soo GP30's that were still running at the end. It is a simple correction (granted, one that should not have to be done.) The artwork for the Atlas GP40's look correct. Look close at the rendering, one will notice that the side stripe in fact does not simply wrap around. It has the correct chevron or (as us long time WC fans call it) "beak".
Darin Umlauft A WC, SOO and GBW fan in Milwaukee
wrote in message

You must be referring to the portion that goes above the line, right? BTW, any custom paint job is probably not going to be a simple one for me, though. For one thing, I don't have access to how the originals looked. And trying to match paint colors while just re-painting the rear end could also be problematic. I think I'll wait for the Atlas re-release.
Frank
Digital Railroader LLC wrote:
...anip...

Subscribe to alt.binaries.pictures.rail, and ask for pictures of WC GP30s. The odds are fairly good that someone will post them. I asked for UP DD35/40 a while back, and several people posted their pictures.
HTH
On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 18:50:43 -0400, Wolf Kirchmeir

What about this?
http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/wc/wc.html
Specifically,
http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/wc/wc713acd.jpg ? Neither beak nor flat, it seems to me...
--Fishplate
Don't bother to reply via email...I've been JoeJobbed.
Jeff,
That is aperfect photo of how the rear of WC engines are painted.
Jim Bernier
"Jeff Sc." wrote:

Yeah, and it doesn't look like the drawing for the upcoming Atlas Master GP40, which has the orange band curving smoothly up and around the back. But then that's a GP40, and we're talking about GP30s. I'll have to check out the GP40s on this site. Thanks!
Frank

OK - I checked GP40 #3011, which is shown from the rear, and this does look like the upcoming Atlas GP40! I incorrectly stated that the color band "smoothly curved" up the rear, but what you're really seeing is the chevrons, which are taller than the band.
Frank