Which way do you prefer

I don't growl or spit, I hiss. I'm the alpha cat and all cats around me (mine or anyone else's) know it. When I hiss, that's cat for "NO".

jc

Reply to
JC Dill

Your cat scuba dives, mine only plays the piano. He is good on Chopin when we are watching, but switches to Alexander's Ragtime Band if you look away.

My cats fully understand no. That part is easy. Getting them to act no....... Jim Stewart

Reply to
Jim Stewart

From a cat's point of view he would make a great dummy load capable of dissipating heat and still have a 1:1 VSWR at 5.8 Ghz pushing 1.75kw. The only anomaly we did find is the impedance is closer to 75 ohms instead of

50.

Rita

Reply to
Rita Ä Berkowitz

Nonsense! My cat's the alpha cat and this is what he has to say!

Rita

Reply to
Rita Ä Berkowitz

I had a German Shepard who could type, but all she wrote was doggerel.

Reply to
Don Lancaster

If you can't teach a cat "NO", I hope you don't train horses! :-)

Reply to
Donald G Wilson Jr.

I seldom have problems with horses jumping up on the furniture or clawing the curtains. On the other hand, horses seldom bring me a dead bird as a present.

Reply to
Tony Cooper

I have cats also and never had a problem with them going on the layout. The word No works. Also the cats are trained to walk on a leash. We get the strangest looks from people at the campgrounds we go to.

ChrisGW

Reply to
ChrisGW

How do you keep the tension on the leash and how far above the ground will the cats walk on it?

What happens when two cats start at opposite ends of the leash at the same time?

Reply to
Don Lancaster

Save the Whales! Collect the whole set!

Reply to
Steve Caple

That's nothing; I got a cat that will follow me in the pool when called. This was taken a couple summers ago. He does refuse to go in if the water temperature is less than 70*.

Rita

Reply to
Rita Ä Berkowitz

On Thu, 26 May 2005 19:36:57 -0400, ChrisGW muttered something like:

There's a local fellow whose cat is trained on a leash. I see him at the bookstore sometimes. I'd try it with mine, but he's an old man and set in his ways.

-Bertha

Reply to
Bertha

A friend of mine has two leash-trained cats who go outside to potty.......but are quite the terrors inside the house.

Kris

Reply to
Kris Baker

I'm confused. Is it your fellow or your cat that you can't leash train?

Reply to
Tony Cooper

Besides, the local fellow already has a leash.

Jim Stewart

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Two guys watching a dog lick his balls.

"Boy, I'd sure like to be able to do that."

"I dunno. Better pet him first".

Reply to
Don Lancaster

I did it. And when I took the little shit to the vet I thought they were going to call the cops on me. He started wandering around the exam table snooping at things and I looked at him and said "NO. Come here."

He came over and laid down in front of me on the table and that vet gave me a look that would crack glass. The look said "CAT ABUSER!"

Nah, me and him got a few things straight ten years ago.

```````` Are you sure that's not a DOG you've got there?!

Paul - "The CB&Q Guy" Modeling 1969 In HO.

Reply to
The CB&Q Guy

I had a cocker spaniel that could talk but the only word he knew was roof.

Ed

Reply to
Ed Mars

I spent an afternoon at Cuyamaca Rancho park with friends and their cat who followed them wherever we went.

Reply to
Steve Caple

My cat is also leash-trained. Got him when he was 2.5 years old, and he's 5 now -- somehow I had this feeling it would work, and as I helped out at a local cat shelter, I borrowed one from there. Once I saw the cat seeming to like it, bought him his own. Nowadays, he comes running whenever I pull the harness/leash out, he knows he's going for a walk around the apartment complex. The neighbors always do double takes when they see him on the leash.

Reply to
Steve Hoskins