Which way do you prefer

Tony Cooper wrote:

I have cats also and never had a problem with them going on the layout. The word No works. Also the cats are trained to walk on a leash. We get the strangest looks from people at the campgrounds we go to.
ChrisGW
ChrisGW wrote:

How do you keep the tension on the leash and how far above the ground will the cats walk on it?
What happens when two cats start at opposite ends of the leash at the same time?
--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster
Don Lancaster wrote:

They were brought up on a leash and know no different. We use a six foot lead and it works. both cats are very laid back.
chrisGW
ChrisGW wrote:

That's nothing; I got a cat that will follow me in the pool when called. This was taken a couple summers ago. He does refuse to go in if the water temperature is less than 70*.
http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2003/eBay/Wet_Pussy.jpg
Rita
muttered something like:

There's a local fellow whose cat is trained on a leash. I see him at the bookstore sometimes. I'd try it with mine, but he's an old man and set in his ways.
-Bertha
--
Fortune's Real-Life Courtroom Quote #41:

Q: Now, Mrs. Johnson, how was your first marriage terminated?

A friend of mine has two leash-trained cats who go outside to potty.......but are quite the terrors inside the house.
Kris

I'm confused. Is it your fellow or your cat that you can't leash train?
--
Tony Cooper
Orlando FL
Tony Cooper wrote:

Two guys watching a dog lick his balls.
"Boy, I'd sure like to be able to do that."
"I dunno. Better pet him first".
--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster
On Fri, 27 May 2005 03:20:56 GMT, Tony Cooper

My cat, because he's too old, and my fellow, because he's just too stubborn.
-Bertha
--
"To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems!"
-- Homer Simpson

Besides, the local fellow already has a leash.
Jim Stewart
On 27 May 2005 02:58:42 GMT, Bertha wrote:

I spent an afternoon at Cuyamaca Rancho park with friends and their cat who followed them wherever we went.
--
Steve

On Thu, 26 May 2005 23:30:00 -0700, Steve Caple

My cat is also leash-trained. Got him when he was 2.5 years old, and he's 5 now -- somehow I had this feeling it would work, and as I helped out at a local cat shelter, I borrowed one from there. Once I saw the cat seeming to like it, bought him his own. Nowadays, he comes running whenever I pull the harness/leash out, he knows he's going for a walk around the apartment complex. The neighbors always do double takes when they see him on the leash.

Here's what happens when a cat is put on a leash but isn't *trained* to obey a leash:
http://gprime.net/video.php/pinkythecat
jc

You have the concept wrong. It isn't the cat that gets trained, it is the human...
Jim Stewart
On Fri, 27 May 2005 18:33:58 -0500, Jim Stewart wrote:

In this instance it looks like it was almost the human who got neutered!
--
Steve

On Fri, 27 May 2005 18:36:13 -0700, Steve Caple

That video ought to do real good in finding Pinky a home.....
On Sat, 28 May 2005 03:32:50 GMT, Steve Hoskins

LOL! Very true. I'd figure that Pinky doesn't "do" leashes...
Best,
Rick
-
wrote :

With all due respect, I have NEVER had that work. I like cats and give them a lot of love and attention but my life experience is that cats are totally untrainable. What happens is the cat gets on the table so you shoo it off. After a few times of this, the cat gets on the table still but when it sees you coming, it KNOWS it shouldn't be there so it jumps off with a more vigerous springing action that creates even more damage.
wrote :

Are your cats allowed to go outside?
The only time I've had "untrainable" cats, is when I kept them hostage indoors.
Kris
wrote :

set
things.