Whoops! How *not* to clean your diesel's wheels.

David Nebenzahl skriver:

Look at videojet.com for small character ink jet (CIJ). We print on (beer)cans, bottles, steelplates, plastic bags and so on. Here waterbased ink doesnt help.....it dosen't dry fast enough

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus D. Mikkelsen

snipped-for-privacy@gannon.edu skriver:

Yes I know.

Thats a good idea.

Phew, I'm glad I'm not doing that.... And I'm glad that at big part of my work includes label printes and applicators. It's not so dangerous.....

Water heater ?

Were I live we have on big "water heater" burning household waste and sending (selling) us hot water through pipes, for heating and for hot water at home - Very convinient for the whole city :-)

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus D. Mikkelsen

You're talking about "waste-to-energy" plants and "district heating".

Reply to
Erik Olsen DK

Erik Olsen DK skriver:

yep - kind'a your area of work :-) I was not sure about the correct words....

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus D. Mikkelsen

No, not inkjet inks -- they are all water based. I'm guessing David Nebenzahl is talking about inks used in printing presses (probably modern offset ones).

Reply to
Robert Heller

On 9/29/2007 9:24 PM Robert Heller spake thus:

wrote:

No, read the response to my post: these are solvent-based inkjet inks. Like the ones used to mark things like wire and cable, drink containers, yogurt containers, etc., etc.

I know about offset inks, having recently owned a printing business. Offset ink is basically the same as it was 50 years ago, except for the newer-ish rubber-based inks.

So where were you guys (speaking to Klaus now) when I needed you? A few years ago the company I was working for was looking for a way to print direcly on plastic (in full color), and I did a *lot* of research into this, but never found a source. Oh, well.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

On 9/29/2007 1:34 PM Klaus D. Mikkelsen spake thus:

Most Americans get their hot water from 30-40 gallon tank heaters with either gas-fired or electric heaters. Bigger buildings still might have old-fashioned boilers like you're describing.

Of course, you Yurpeens also have those "on-demand" water heaters near the place where the water is used, I'm told.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

David Nebenzahl skriver:

Sorry - At that time I was doing wind turbines for NEG-Micon (Vestas).

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus D. Mikkelsen

David Nebenzahl skriver:

Mine is not "old fashioned", but rather new and is covering the whole town by burning waste.

It is not very common in Denmark.

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus D. Mikkelsen

Link error, the correct is

District heating in Denmark are hot water systems limited to a temperature of 130 degrees C and a pressure of 6 bar(gauge). Normal forward temperature from the heating plant is 80-90 degrees C and normal return temperature is appr. 40 degrees C.

Normally district heating pipes are laid in the roads and streets and sets of pipes for each house are branched off. In the house the set of pipes enters a heat exchanger which supplies energy for room heating and domestic water heating. This way the high-pressure district heating water is not used in the internal curcuits of the houses.

Reply to
Erik Olsen DK

Yeesh! Use 91% isopropanol instead (available off-the-shelf at many pharmacies) and avoid all that badness. They clean babies with it, it's harmless.

Reply to
richard schumacher

Erik Olsen DK skriver:

Then we must have low pressuer dirtrict heating here in Hammel. We only have heat exchanger for domestic water heating.

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus D. Mikkelsen

richard schumacher skriver:

No, it is not...

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus D. Mikkelsen

You may have local heat exchangers covering a larger area connected to the main net of Hammel Fjernvarme. See

- It doesn't say what the secondary pressure is.

Btw, both Hammel Fjernvarme's two lines are designed and constructed by Vølund, now owned by Babcock & Wilcox, see

Erik Olsen DK

How is the heating paid for?

Greg.P. NZ

Reply to
Greg Procter

Greg Procter skriver:

You measure the kJ thet you get (temp hot water inlet - temp (almost as) hot water return x water volume)

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus D. Mikkelsen

On 9/30/2007 11:42 AM Klaus D. Mikkelsen spake thus:

It is practically harmless, so long as you don't ingest (i.e., drink) it. That's why the health care industry uses it.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

it. That's why the health care industry uses it.<

Water will kill you if you drink too much at a time, it's happened! grin Remember living is a death sentence!

Reply to
Jon Miller

You mean, none of us are getting out of here alive???

-- Excuse me, I'll be right back. I have to log onto a server in Romania and verify all of my EBay, PayPal, bank and Social Security information before they suspend my accounts.

Working the rockie road of the G&PX

Reply to
Paul Newhouse

I don't know about you lot, but I've pledged to live forever - or die in the attempt.

Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter