LBF company and Fred Becker

Hello to all that read this In a phone call I got this morning I found out that Mr Fred Hubert has now dun the worst thing any one could have done in my book. Mr Hubert has not paid any wages of any of the bill's as well as the Tax's. I found out that the employee have not been paid in month and that the county has taken over. On Monday every thing from the LBF company will be sold on the Douglas county court house steps so this leads me to believe that Mr Hurbert just wanted to put LBF out and had no means to pay for what he took

From Mr becker

Chris In Oregon

Reply to
cmtpig

What has this got to do with trains?

Reply to
Big Rich Soprano

whew - drastic but i understand!

Reply to
Big Rich Soprano

"Big Rich Soprano" wrote

It was his chuckle that did it.

Being ripped off is bad enough, but having the SOB who did it laugh at me put it *way* over the top.

Pete

Reply to
P. Roehling

"Christopher A.Lee" wrote

(snip)

Thanks for the detailed info. It's interesting in a sort of morbid fashion.

In a vein that's somewhat less jugular, I've a good friend who's a successful artist -and train fan- who grew up with the V&T running literally through his back yard. He still does V&T loco paintings from time to time, and if you're fond of that line you might check out his website from time to time. You'll find it at

Pete

Reply to
P. Roehling

Why does the subject (and everyone else's postings) refer to Fred Becker, while the text refers to Fred Hubert? Can someone please fill in the gaps in all this?

Reply to
Eddie Oliver

I don't blame ya!

Reply to
Big Rich Soprano

Oh yah... Good eye... And a big DUH for the rest of us...

Reply to
Big Rich Soprano

Just googled LBF (Loads By Fred); it appears Fred Becker sold the company in 2004 after a heart attack. It's just that old Fred B. had such a reputation for dishonesty that any mention of LBF and not paying bills brings him to mind.......

Reply to
fht

Fred Becker (a toolmaker) owned or had a controlling interest in several different failed hobby companies going back to the 1980's: first there was his hobby shop, then Front Range, McKean, E&C Shops, and LBF (Loads By Fred). While running LBF, he apparently took on a partner named Fred Hubert. For whatever reasons, Fred Hubert took over LBF and changed the name to Hubert's Model Railroad Mfg. Corp.

According to a friend of Becker's (the original poster here), Hubert screwed Becker over, and seized control of LBF. According to karma, Becker is getting his comeuppance as he has screwed many in the hobby over years (it's all in the r.m.r archive at Google). Put it this way, someone once described Fred Becker as "The Jim Jones of Model Railroading". Does that tell you anything? LOL

Paul A. Cutler III

************* Weather Or No Go New Haven *************
Reply to
Pac Man

FRONT RANGE?! McKEAN!?

Is this guy responsible for the destruction of 2 of my most favorite companies? If so - HANG THE "BASTARD!!!

ok, i'm done now...

Reply to
Big Rich Soprano

Thanks for the link - I can't afford original paintings these days but if he ever does prints....

Reply to
Christopher A.Lee

The only way that Hubert screwed over Becker is that when Becker tried to screw him as so many others, Hubert called in the loan and seized LBF's assets; injection molding machine(s), molds, etc. as payment. Hubert's is pretty much a one man operation that is trying to get off the ground, and the negative b.s. that some like to toss around doesn't help things.

fl@liner

Reply to
fubar

"Christopher A.Lee" wrote

As a matter of fact, he does. I've got several of his railroad prints hanging in my home, as well as a few originals. Email him and ask him about prints, and tell him Pete Roehling sent you.

I've *no* idea what he might -or might not- have in stock at any given moment, but it can't hurt to ask!

Pete

Reply to
P. Roehling

Has Hubert's actually produced anything, as distinct from advertising it? And if it does exist, does anyone actually sell it retail, or does one have to order it from the manufacturer (which might be perceived as a rather dangerous activity in the light of what else has been said here?)

Their distributor/dealer page at

scarcely encouraging.

And even

little help.

I got no response to an email sent several weeks ago via "contact us" on their website.

Reply to
Eddie Oliver