wireless camera w/ internet access

Is the technology there yet for a wireless camera that you can mount on your train and view via the internet? Any manufacturers sell such a beast yet? I have looked at X10 but it looks like TV access only. Thanks

Reply to
Chris

X10 to receiver, receiver to TV-in, TV-in to internet should work .... no?

Paul

Reply to
Paul Newhouse

I researched the x10 camera system a couple years ago. They do offer an option for viewing the cameras over the internet. The cameras are inexpensive and the video quality matches the price. They are acceptable when stationary mounted by video becomes distorted when the camera is moved.

HTH

Rick

Reply to
Rick Norell

Aside from image quality, couldn't you use the S-Video port on your PC? I can hook up my Panasonic Palmcorder to the laptop. _______________________________________________________ Drew Bunn Ainsley Specialized Transport Toronto, Ontario Canada bunn snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
Drew Bunn

How about

or similar webcams? You might need to hack up the train engine to get the required DC voltage to the camera, but other than that, it should be doable. It is also not that heavy.

Reply to
Pankajkumar Chauhan

Charles Kimbrough

It does 802.11b AND ethernet. So no, networking is covered.

Pankajkumar Chauhan

Chris,

You might contact one of the modelers on this website to see what they use & how they do it.

Corelane