HF Sewer Camera with monitor

Has anyone had experience with the HF Sewer Camera? Is it serviceable for occasional check of the sewer line by a homeowner or is it absolutely trash? Is the black and white picture clear enough to be useful? I've recently seen a plumbers professional camera, a Rigid brand and the picture was just alright, the camera quirky and temperemental. Thanks in advance for your input.

Reply to
trg-s338

trg-s338, which camera are you describing as a sewer camera at Harbor Freight? I searched for , "sewer camera," and got no hits, while "camera" returns several "waterproof" cameras. I see item 93765-3VGA for $479, and item 91309-3VGAm for $100.

Thanks for posting this question. I didn't know that HF offered such items and am quite interrested in any comments from experience, also.

Isn't it amazing what comes up to expand your knowledge each time you go onto the internet?

awright

Reply to
awright

The quality of Chinese CCD video cameras is OK. I have the HF CCD color secutity camera W sound and IR night vision-works well as long as there is sufficient light, but the IR range is, of course, short. The B/W "sewer camera" MAY work well, depending on the illumination source, and focal length of the lens. And, of course, until you get some crap on the lens (soooory, couldn't resist :) JR Dweller in the cellar

Reply to
JR North

It's on sale at the moment too.

Pete C.