A period display for an engine

How's this for a period display case for a suitable engine.

're a bit pricey for non-commercial use though. I have seen one in use for having your photo taken "in a Spitfire" at an air display. Can't remember the price though.

John

Reply to
John Manders

John,

If you go around all of the British and American Airbases in this country you will find a Gate Gaurdian, take a closer look and you will find that many are plastic or fibreglass as it was realised many moons ago that the originals were either a very good source of spares or could be sold and put back into the air.

Near you there is an american listening station on th A43 which has a Super Sabre and a Thunderchief, the Super Sabre is plastic. Somewhere in Huntingdoshire there is a company that makes them also.

Mart> How's this for a period display case for a suitable engine.

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Spitfire Spares often have some interesting stuff for sale - the trouble is that their prices are stunningly high.

- scroll to the bottom item. This is a good case in point, I've got six of these compressors, they fetch perhaps 5-10 quid for good examples and there is still no lack of them about fifty years after production ended. And Spitfire Spares want £35 for a PISTON!

Don't bother to tell me why their stuff is expensive, I know why. "Whatever the market will stand is a fair price." ;o((

BTW, a good friend had a flight in Mrs Grace's twin seat Spitfire before Christmas. She put her name down five years ago and had just got to the top of the list! Cost £1,200 for about forty minutes.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn