ABC history in book form

I've reworked my current series of articles on ABC engines running ATM in SEM. I've taken the text & expanded it a bit and used it as the basis of a short book. I've used almost every photo & drawing I have with much expanded captions and had it professionally printed in Latvia. TNT have collected them - all

58 kilos of them, decent paper is heavy! - and they should be with me within the week.

The price is £4.00 each if sold face to face, £4.99 including UK post & pack. Overseas, pro rata upon application. Cheques, cash or postal orders will be welcome, overseas pay in US Dollars or Sterling money orders ONLY. J.K. Siddorn, 9, Durleigh Close, Bristol. BS13 7NQ. If anyone wants it signed, please say - no extra charge ;o))

There is a small ad for the book at the end of episode three of my ABC series in SEM, out Friday.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
kimsiddorn

I suggest you send "Aeroplane" a review copy...

regards Roland

Reply to
Roland Craven

k> I've reworked my current series of articles on ABC engines running ATM k> in SEM. I've k> taken the text & expanded it a bit and used it as the basis of a short k> book. I've used almost every photo & drawing I have with much expanded k> captions and had it professionally printed in Latvia. TNT have k> collected them - all k> 58 kilos of them, decent paper is heavy! - and they should be with me k> within the week.

k> The price is £4.00 each if sold face to face, £4.99 including UK post & k> pack. Overseas, pro rata upon application. Cheques, cash or postal k> orders will be welcome, overseas pay in US Dollars or Sterling money k> orders ONLY. J.K. Siddorn, 9, Durleigh Close, Bristol. BS13 7NQ. If k> anyone wants it signed, please say - no extra charge ;o))

k> There is a small ad for the book at the end of episode three of my ABC k> series in SEM, out Friday.

k> Regards,

k> Kim Siddorn

Friday? Mine arrived today! And indeed there is an ad - but devoid of any contact information!

There is also an ad in the classifieds for a smallholding in Warwickshire which seems to be everything Helen and I have ever dreamed of, but somehow know we will never actually do - depressing or what.

nickh=== Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 2.2.0.8

Reply to
nickh

I just loved the advert for a damn great engine - & by the way there's a farm attached!

The SEM photo gremlin has crept in again I see & there are several photos either wrong or missing in the class ads section - very irritating!

I've checked my ad here & yes, I did remember to put my address in. Our Gordon will hear from me tomorrow!

However, those of darting wit might think to look in the "Help & Assistance" page & find me there.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
kimsiddorn

Reply to
Charles Hamilton

kimsiddorn wrote (snip):

Yes that's the one. I pored over the details on their home site and even checked it out on google earth. But short of a lottery win.......Oh well, one can dream!

NHH

Reply to
Nick H

Hmmm, oily old engine stuff. Wouldn't happen to have anything on Viking weaponry while you're about it would you?

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Do you mean "Viking Weapons & Warfare", currently available & in its third edition? I'm quite proud of the fact that it was published in 2000 & is still in print!

It's a small world, this rusty iron game! Richard Amos' letter (SEM 426) refers to his friend Peter James' ABC WW1 engine, photos of which appeared in Peter's original article. I have this very engine on the bench having bought it on E-Pay as a box of bits a few months ago. The broken off inlet manifold pipe is unmistakably the same one as in his 1976 photo. . His 250 "Firefly" engine was also sold at the same time but I missed it!

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
kimsiddorn

Obviously yes - I was thinking about the profit motive. Last time I talked to someone with a similar book in print, they were less than gruntled to discover that my Amazon Associates link was making me as much money per copy sold (via Amazon) as they were getting as the author! If you've got any Vikings handy I'd be up for another one of those too please.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Reply to
Charles Hamilton

I just went & had a look on iplayer (marvelous invention!). Tim Healy got the bow whilst working on "Faintheart", a very low budget movie made about

18 months ago. No cinema could be found to show it, so it went straight to DVD. I understand that it was quite good.

Neither Regia Anglorum nor any of its members were involved. We were approached initially, but I didn't much like either concept or script, so I deliberately priced us out of their market! I believe another re-enactment society "The Vikings" were heavily involved.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
kimsiddorn

=== Kim, does your book on ABC engines include the Aero "Dragonfly" engines?

Probably a bit late now, but I have several photos among my Clyno memorabilia of these being built in the old Clyno factory in the early

1900s (presumably durng WW1). They are/were nine cylinder radials.

Jack Watson ===

Reply to
JW²