Bed Iron

While doing a colleague a favour by taking some rubbish to the local tip, I kept a few bits as you do.

I saved two single bed frames made of the usual angle iron. There's probably more than I need so if anyone wants some, email me to arrange collection. They're still in bed sized lumps at the moment so an angle grinder would be usefull.

Located Oxfordshire.

John

Reply to
John

Just a word of caution, I used some old bed irons about thirty years ago and had a few problems as the steel is more britle than normal mild steel angle.

Regards

Andy

Reply to
andyengine

had a few problems as the steel is more britle than

You are right to warn people Andy, You can't even test a piece before you start as they were mainly made with re-melted scrap & can vary in hardness from soft to tool steel in inches. I have broken drills in it in the past. (Me suffering for being too tight to spend money)

Reply to
Dave Croft