IF in the press

Those of u not able to get the Carmarthen Journal may have missed the report of the presentation to Internal Fire of the Heritage Award from the Institution of Diesel & Gas Turbine Engineers. It's a rare honour, & was presented for the work in restoring & showing the Sulzer

Pretty colour picture of Paul (+ Sulzer), & worthies from this prestigious body, one of whom came over from Canada! Puts getting to this delightful part of the world from Essex into perspective :-)

Looks as 'tho the background folk in the pic may well include NG members ...

Unfortunately, I may miss Oct 8, as I then have to head from Cardigan to that hell-hole called Heathrow ..... nearly Essex!

Colin

Reply to
Colin

Ah yes, but he had a Jumbo and a few stewardesses at his disposal, I've only got a Volvo which I have to pilot myself :)

My condolences but only half of Essex is a hell-hole and I'm in the other half! :)

Reply to
mark.howard10

Some details on the IF web site.

John

Reply to
John

Oops -- apologies. My poor use of English did not make clear that Heathrow seems nearly as far as Essex from West Wales, not that I think Essex is a hell-hole.

Wouldn't know first hand, as I've never penetrated that far due east at ground level in the last 62 years... even when I lived in the south of England :-). I do hear reliable stories of some green & pleasant Essex lands with good pubs.

'bout time some enterprising tour operator put together an "Eastern Counties for Enginemen" tour. So much industrial history & collections in those counties, & yet I've never got to any of it. Shame not to see things that would be new to me.

Her indoors wants to do a holiday in the East, but she's got a very partial view of life. Doesn't do museums, rallies, windmills, boats or pubs. What sort of holiday is that?

Perhaps I should encourage the same this end. "101 great beaches & castles for the family, whilst you visit Internal Fire".

Colin

Reply to
Colin

Sounds terrible to me!!!!

That's what my lot do. We visit a number of events on holiday. I look at the interesting stuff and she goes to another attraction somewhere else. It works quite well actually. When we camped at GDSF, she got up in the morning to make my tea and cooked breakfast then did the washing up while I left to go to the show. While I was away, she left the site and did other stuff with the boys before returning in time to get my tea. Perfect. Only one slight downside, I have to let her drive my car.

John

Reply to
John