Blue Streak generator

It may be that I've come across a small number of these generators in store. Based upon the Coventry Climax "Hillman Imp" unit, they were used as generators for the Blue Streak missile system. Now, they are not everybody's cup of tea, but before I go and dicker for one, perhaps there are others who may be interested? There may be economies of scale!

I've put up three representative pics of John Rogers' unit at

Please contact me off list if interested.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn,

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

An interesting relic of Britain's stop-go defence policy and a nice engine - not for me though. Has anyone come across the two cyl variant of the Cov-Climax FW unit? I saw one for sale at a rally years ago but was not in a position to buy it and haven't seen one since.

Reply to
Nick H

Are they 240v ac genny's? If so, and the price is right I may be peswaded. Hopefully the transport from wherever they are to sunny norfolk won't be too bad.....

(must be careful, engines are not what I need to start collecting...)

Andy G

Reply to
andy G

Alas, of the nine photos I have of Alan Rogers set, none show a label well enough to read. I'd be amazed if the output is mains at 50 cycles, more likely three phase & 400 cycles !

Regards,

J. Kim Siddorn,

Reply to
Kim Siddorn