Cheap thread cutting for pipework

Lidl (of all places !) have a "plumbing set" on offer at 18 quid. It includes a diestock and dies for the 1/4" - 1 1/4" pipe threads.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Thanks for that Andy. My 3/4" stock needs a new head at £40 quid each, Sent Gert out to get a couple at 18 quid they are now consumables

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
John Stevenson

Tracked down local branch of this curious emporium and ended up spending nearly 80 quid on plumbing set, tap and die set plus various comestibles including a cheap bottle of ouzo!

Reply to
Nick H

Hi Nick, they are a good group as long as you don't want any cake. They seem to insist on selling German cakes. PS My wife would live on their Tins of Macaroni Cheese.

Dave Croft.

Reply to
Dave Croft

Probably because it's a German company

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
John Stevenson

If it's the sort that comes in a blow moulded plastic case, I bought a set some years ago from another supplier. So far I have only used it a couple of times but the results are good. Lets face it, £18, I paid more for mine just in case I ever need it.

John

Reply to
John Manders