Compton Show

Hi all, Just returned from Compton. Not a huge number of engines there, the usual Lister D's and a couple of A's in amongst others whose details I forget. There was a very nice

60cc BSA on show as fitted to Ransom and other lawnmowers. Of course it wasn't run at all during the day as it had NEVER been run. In fact, it had never had oil or petrol in it. That must be the epitome of originality and the owners intention not to run it is entirely understandable. I rather liked it in fact. Other exhibits included a variety of motorcycles and cars. The emphasis was on variety. The cars ranged from a Hilman Imp van and estate car (Husky I think) via A35 and Austin 7 to a Capri with 4 litre V8 + nitrous and a Sierra Cosworth 4x4 powered single seater hillclimb car. There were a number of stalls selling stuff. An unused Snail brand 1 1/2 x 1 5/16 open end spanner seemed too good to miss at =A32. An SU carb + water heated A series manifold for =A310 was the other impulse buy. All in a nice afternoon out after watching Lewis H on TV claiming pole at Silverstone. Could be a good race tomorrow.

John

Reply to
John