John
Reply to
John
I think that should be
Dave Croft
messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...
be
Warrington
Looks like something Fred flintstone would have made !!
Seems to work well enough though
Reply to
The wild eye
OK, I'm prepared to show me higorance - what's the packet of paper strapped to the transformer - a home made capacitor?
Regards,
J. Kim Siddorn,
be
Warrington
Kim Siddorn
No it's total genius.
They have taken a load of wire, insulated it with brown paper and wrapped it into a core. The transformer has then been made up of separate strips of banding to form the H core.
All tied together with string but they now have a welder where before they didn't
11 out of 10 for ingenuity.
.
be
Warrington