Could you identify a small gas engine?

Hello,

I'm attempting to restore a small coal gas engine, (well I think it's a coal gas engine), and wonder if anyone could recognise it and/or offer any help in identifying the missing items such that I can remake the missing bits. The details are all on the following web site

The engine is a two stroke flame ignition type, but is missing the gas throttle/mixture and flame control assembly, gas/fuel cam, flame ignition cam follower/ rocker. I also would like to know what the valve timing should be, and maybe what they were used for.

However, any information would be welcome.

Thanks,

Mike

snipped-for-privacy@mcamp100.freeserve.co.uk

Reply to
Mike

Finally got round to looking in A-Z and now pretty sure this is a 'Leek' engine. However that soubriquet is even more inaccurately applied than usual in this case as the company (actually British Modelling and Electrical Co. - my memory was faulty on that one) was in Macclesfield during it's early days. The move to Leek brought a change of name to the British Engineers and Electrical Co. and the introduction of a new range of Otto cycle engines.

Reply to
Nick H