Deltic rebuild

Here is an extremely interesting link to a rebuilding of a Deltic 16
cylinder engine as used in locomotives.

There are a lot of pictures so it will take a while to download.
God knows how they kept track of all the small parts and nuts and
bolts!!
This is one incredible engine.
Regards,
Chris Kessell
Reply to
Chris
Thanks for that Chris,
It makes rebuilding my engine look almost farcical!
Simon Taylor
Reply to
Simon Taylor
Gentlemen, I have seen a working model of said engine, its about a foot long and is perfect in every way.
Martin P
Reply to
Campingstoveman
Hi Martin,
Is there a web page showing pics of the model? I would love to see any that are available.
I assume the model is not a functioning one? Cut away showing internals?
Best regards,
Chris
Reply to
Chris
This is the only link I could find for the Deltic model, its a PDF file and there are pictures of the engine near the bottom.
The engine is made by a Mr. Clen Tomlinson.
Best regards,
Chris
Reply to
Chris
The 2003 Model Engineer exhibition had a lovely near-complete Deltic model on the Napier / Deltic stand, about a foot cube. More a stylistic copy than an accurate model, it was designed as a runner - I'd be very impressed to see a truly scaled-down Deltic run successfully.
Andy Dingley
appears to be same engine. I saw it early this year apparently ready to run.
Martin P
Reply to
Campingstoveman