Henham Rally pics

Bit late, but the Henham Rally pics are in the usual place

Just got the Power of the past report and pics to do to complete this years rallies as the Gt Henney working day had to be cancelled due to hard ground. It seems that a modern plough would not touch it, let alone a vintage one.

Reply to
Pete Aldous

An excellent selection, Pete, glad to see the Bamfords in their rightful position, at the start.

I looked at the mystery engine and I've not got a clue what it is. A wild guess, is it a vertical Bentall?

Alas, no more rallies now for a long while.

Regards, Arthur g

Reply to
Arthur Griffin

Thanks for those Pete The 1919 5hp M has a very interesting feature/mod with a pulley, interposed, or cast in between governer cover and starting collar. Never seen that before. The engine must have had a chequered career as it looks for all the world like a late example of the 1922 model. If its in the Programme I'd put a pint on the serial being in the very late 48000s or early 49000s. Putting anorak away now:-) regards Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Unfortunatly, the Petter was not in the catalogue and I don't know the owner to enquire as to its history. I agree about the unusual pulley....looks original or at least not a bodge.

Reply to
Pete Aldous