Welland rally

Hi... Has anyone recived passes for Welland as yet, not been before so dont wen they should arrive, I had spoken to P. allen early in the year to arrange exhibiting but havent seen anything yet .

Thanks bob

Reply to
Bob

I got my pass about 2 weeks ago. Id be ringing him up if I were you, allthough youve left even that a bit late as the rally starts on Friday.

On the subject of Welland, is anybody else of the NG going and what are you taking?

Im supposed to be taking my Witte, but as I havent finished restoring it yet, so instead I will be taking the Ruston PR.

Mike M

miley snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
miley_bob

"miley_bob" wrote (snip):-

Weather permitting I'll be there on the other side of the ropes.

Reply to
Nick H

Spoke to Mr allen, and he cant remember ever speaking to me, aah well allways next year, will have to be wrong side of the ropes for this one.

:-( :-( :-(

Reply to
Bob

I'll be taking the 5hp Appletop and pump. The vertical hot bulb Blackstone will also be there, plus a nice 1.5 hp M type/compressor set, among other goodies.

Regards

Philip T-E

Reply to
philipte

"philipte" wrote

Ah, you're there then - shall I chuck a couple of old radios in the boot for you? Some of the poor things have been relegated to the garage since Helen decorated the back room - Mc Michael 362, Ultra 25, Philips 584A etc.

Reply to
Nick H

Just had a measure up, and the Tangye Gas Engine will go in the back of the new van - so it looks like I'll be having a change from the Crossley TSH this weekend. I'll be down there Thursday morning all being well. Look forward to a good NG turnout.

Cheers

Dan

Reply to
Dan Howden

Gentlemen,

Cock-up on the dates front, I shall be off to Lamport Railway to their rally this Friday, will get it right next year :-))

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

As I've volunteered to be a good chap & do domestic things on Saturday (you'll understand I'm sure that I spend many weekends away from home) I thought I'd get away with a visit to the Welland rally on Sunday. And I was right.

Me and the bike will be there early Sunday, but not to exhibit. Hazel likes me going to these things on the bike, she thinks I can't bring much home ;o))

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

According to the Beeb weather, Sunday looks like the more pleasant day -

23C and 47% humidity as opposed to 24C and 87% on Sat - but who knows?
Reply to
Nick H

I got up at six, was on the road by seven & arrived about 8.30. I found a quiet corner of the camp site to park the big BMW & locked helmet & jacket in the top box.

It was a glorious summer's morning & to my pleasure, I found the engine pens just through the gap in the fence where I'd parked up. Stall holders were just setting up, so I went and found myself a bacon roll & a cup of tea and even had the company of an attractive young lady to chat to whilst I ate & drank ;o))

Having quietly murdered a half hour, I wandered amongst the hot foggers as they were being stirred into life & so to the stalls. Very disappointing. I found a couple of artist's easels for a fiver & thought they'd support display boards at rallies better than leaving them on the ground. I added to my collection of laboratory instruments with a very tidy BIG ammeter in a box about ten inches square. Cleaned up very nicely, too. But really, the stalls were selling modern tools & ex WD kit and dozens of traders had stuff that had no interest to anyone of an engineering turn of mind.

By now, the sleepy engine men were up and about & I found Roland and Len worshipping Len's vertical Blackstone, a thing of beauty requiring arcane rights and offerings. I saw no virgins, but there was a smell of singed pig in the air ;o)). It was too early in the morning to find anyone asleep, but I did get a picture of Roland working!

I saw Dan Howden briefly & several others I recognised.

There was, as usual at Welland, a good cross section of engine types, sizes & varieties & it was worth going.

The 140 mile round trip was achieved without incident, the only real difficulty is keeping the BM below eighty as it creeps up remorselessly if not given constant attention.

I dropped in to see an old Vincent friend on the way home, someone I'd not seen in several months. We drank a lot of tea & watched the German GP & so home by five.

Unsorted or captioned, but most are obvious enough. Pics at

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Erm....Kim.... I haven't actually changed my name as far as I know, and it was definitely me helping Len with the appropiate Blackstone starting incantations on Sunday morning! The smell was more of singed eyebrows rather than singed pig :-))

Regards

Philip T-E

Reply to
philipte

I did say Roland, didn't I? Sincere apologies Philip, I knew it was you really!

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

This old age thing is a bugger Kim, isn't it :-))

Reply to
campingstoveman

(cups ear) PARDON??

regards,