Household Quartz Timer question

Hi all, Sorry if this is the wrong group, but I have read a simelar thread previously and thought I'd give it a shot. I live in a block of flats owned by the local council although I have bought my particular flat. The lights in the close, or stars keep coming on at 9PM when its light and go off at

4AM when its dark. I had a wee look in the electrical cupboard downstairs which has fuses etc for all the lights and buzzers in all the flats. Anyways, there is a timer in there which is obviously for the lights. It is an analog number and has a dial with numbers for the time on it, and is only marked with "Quartz". It is about 10 inches long and 5 inches wide. Has anyone seen one of these before? If so, can anyone point me someplace that has instructions on how to change the on/off time, as the council want £60 to sort it!!! Well, no, Im not paying hat for them to do something I could do.

It dosent look very simple to operate to be honest, it has a space through which has the day on it, and isnt in any type of casing. I have also seen the very same timer used in an office where it has been situated directly next to a power socket, possibly so that everything turn off at 5PM when the places huts, I dont know.

All help appreciated, BTW, I have done all relevent searches before posting this. Thanks, Andrew Scott

Reply to
Andrew Scott