Kent Steam and Transort Rally

I have been trying to post via NTLs cable news servers all weekend, anyone confirm/deny that they have been having problems connecting to it.

I have posted some pics from last weekend Kent Steam and Transport Rally here:--

Weather was so hot, we did not do much on the Sunday, (apart from a visit to the beer tent at lunchtime, funny that)

I left picture taking till the Sunday, as more engines seem to turn up for the day but due to the heat, I did not really take the time to speak to as many of the guys as I would have liked.

I photograhed an unknown engine that I never seemed to be able to find the owner of, to identify it, anyone any ideas?

Reply to
Pete Aldous

Like the Maytag washing machine, Could be unique in UK? Definitely an exhibit where the public don't need to ask the eternal question 'so what did this engine actually do'!

Reply to
Nick Highfield

Hi Pete, I cannot get "news.cable.ntlworld.com" at the moment but "text.news.ntlworld.com" is working OK.

As usual "news.ntlworld.com" is working at this time of day while the unfortunate people are at work. It never works in the evenings.

Reply to
Dave Croft

Paul,

Thanks for the reminder (I have a link from my site to yours and still did not think of it).

Reply to
Pete Aldous

Nice pictures, Pete. I like your pumpset too!

Also, you can post news from Google, how can nobody have mentioned that?! Although I use news.clara.net myself.

Regards Chris

Reply to
Chris Crocker - White

Chris,

Thanks for the comments.

I used to use Google a lot but as there is a news reader built in Outlook Express, I just went over to that. I did find that Google took a long time to update, sometimes I would have an off group reply to a post before I even saw the post appear!!

Reply to
Pete Aldous

Just a test using text.news.ntlworld.com

Reply to
Pete Aldous

Yeah I use Outlook Express normally. :)

Reply to