Sellindge Steam Special Spring Bank Holiday

Apparently "Sellinge Steam Special is the biggest spring bank holiday event in East Kent and the biggest steam fair in the South East".

I shall be giong and I moght bump into Chris Bedo as he will no doubt be there!

This is the biggest yet. 100 Acres, near the channel tunnel entrance so eight tractors coming over from Belguim. Horse, steam and tractor plouging,

Stationary engines, don't know how many but am led to believe quite a few plus the wooden washing machine. I might take a load of washing to try it out if I remember!

Sounds like such a good day out that Moo has decided to come as well! Beer tent, Fairground, lots of FOOD!

Ford Edsel, Wartburg Knight, Military vehicles.

Stalls, hopefully engine related, I have enough cakes, books and clothes from other rallies!

Hope farm, Sellindge Just off the M20 junction 10/11

Adults £6, kids/consessionns £3-50, Family £16

The pictures from last year are looking good.

Sorry, have no time this morning to make this more readable, just reading it from an article in "Review on Sunday" from Kent on Sunday paper.

Show running all three days.

What day are you going Chris?

Simon Taylor

Reply to
Simon Taylor

Simon,

Whether we go or not yet I don?t know, we usually do as its only 30 mins away. The trouble is, my boiler is being taken away for work in 2 months time and I have only this time to get the smokebox, tubeplate and some stays out. We shall see how work goes on Saturday - maybe Sunday/Monday for an hour or so.

Its quite a good do, last year we took the showmans tractor and generated outside the beer tent at night, no such joys this year - perhaps we will take it to Detling instead.

If I go, Ill keep an eye out and will take photos for all.

Regards

Chris Bedo

Reply to
Chris Bedo